Research and Markets has announced the addition of the 'A Quick Guide To Health And Safety' report to their offering.
Health and safety issues now impose upon almost every part of business life. The system of enforcement is managed and implemented in the UK by The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) - but at times it can be difficult to know exactly which bits of this elaborate spider’s web should be applied in a given instance, and which are most important. This Quick Guide puts the subject into context, providing a rational overview and a valid starting point to applying health and safety in the workplace, and offering a concise and readily accessible interpretation of what health and safety legislation means in practice.
Key Topics Covered:
- Introduction - how to use this book
- Your 10 minute a - z guide to health and safety
- Health and safety legislation - how much is there?
- Enforcement and the legal situation
- Health and safety - so what business are you in?
- HSAW act 1974 and what it means
- Risks and risk assessments - what are they?
- Health, safety and welfare requirements in the workplace
- Machinery and other work equipment
- Pressure plant and equipment
- Lifting and handling
- Hazardous substances
- Working at height
- What to do about protecting employees
- Other health and safety matters
- Will you be prosecuted?