Powder-free Surgical Gloves
Encore, Encore Acclaim, Encore MicrOptic, Encore Orthopaedic, Gammex™ PF, Gammex™ PF HydraSoft® ,L3™ ,Medi-Grip™ PF ,Micro-Thin Nutex™ ,Micro-Thin™ PF ,Micro-Touch® PF2 ,Nutex™ and Nutex™ non sterile
Encore Powder-free Surgical Gloves
Encore surgical gloves provide a powder-free, top-quality solution for each category of professional use. They offer far more than the safety of powder-free latex. They also offer the Ansell Research and Development focus on continuous improvement in:
- Easier donning and double- gloving, thanks to a proprietary inner coating.
- Comfort similar to powdered latex gloves
- Specific formers that are adapted to the powder-free technology
- Carefully defined latex formulations that offer great flexibility, elasticity and comfort.
- Better grip and instrument handling
- Closely controlled dosage at the final chlorination stage
- Constant monitoring of grip values through friction tests on line, and during post processing.
The Encore exclusive inner coating
To facilitate easy donning, each of the four powder free surgical glove models in the Encore range is made with an exclusive inner coating. This is a water-based synthetic inner coating composed out of polyurethane. This inner coating:
- Acts as a protective shield, reducing contact with potential latex allergens
- Will not crackle down (as often does with alcohol based coatings)
- Is resistant to alcohol based hand disinfectants
- Maintains its integrity over time, even during long procedures
- Facilitates double gloving (when extra safety is required).
- The Encore is a latest-generation powder-free latex surgical glove. It`s designed to meet the needs of users who want a rough-surfaced glove for the sure handling of instruments, with maximum comfort and safety levels.
- The textured exterior finish provides a high level of grip on instruments and tissue in wet and dry environments
- The specific latex formulation provides great flexibility, elasticity and comfort.
Encore Acclaim Powder-free Surgical Gloves
- Optimized thickness for higher sensitivity
- Additional smoothing component for greater flexibility, elasticity and comfort
- Smooth external surface with specific treatment provides an excellent grip on instruments in wet and dry environments
- Excellent fat resistance, making it long-lasting.
Encore MicrOptic Powder-free Surgical Gloves
- High levels of tactile sensitivity
- Micro-textured external surface for a secure grip on instruments
- Allows exceptional dexterity
- Extraordinary strength-to-thickness ratio for confident barrier protection
- Brown colour reduces reflective glare.
Encore Orthopaedic Powder-free Surgical Gloves
- 40% more resistant than standard surgical gloves
- Greater thickness
- Comfort and sensitivity
- Textured surface delivers outstanding grip in wet and dry environments
- Brown colour reduces reflective glare
Gammex™ PF Powder-free Surgical Gloves
Integrating Ansell`s exclusive powder-free technology, the Gammex PF glove is easily donned, even with damp hands. The micro-rough textured outer surface ensures a secure grip in wet or dry conditions to facilitate the most delicate instrument handling.
Because of the greatest attention to every aspect of the glove`s design and formulation, the Gammex PF glove feels like a second skin. It delivers comfort, elasticity, and sensitivity, plus a natural fit that helps prevent hand fatigue
The Gammex PF glove is recognized for its high degree of safety, providing a secure protective barrier that has also been validated by extensive quality controls. It offers especially high levels of resistance to tear, alcohol-based hand disinfectants, and viral penetration. The glove has very low protein content. Its formulation is thiuram and MBT free, and patients are protected by close monitoring of pyrogen and endotoxin levels at the time of manufacture.
Features and Benefits
- Donning is made easy, even with damp hands, thanks to the glove`s water-based synthetic (polyurethane) inner-coating.
- A combination of hydrophilic and hydrophobic components is integrated within the inner-coating.
- Friction and blocking is reduced by the hydrophobic components.
- Upon contact with wet hands, the hydrophilic components release a lubricant that improves donning ease. The result: much easier intra-operative changes.
When additional safety is required, the inner-coating also makes double-gloving is easy. For example, Gammex PF can be used as an outer glove in a double-gloving system with an Ansell Micro-Thin PF or DermaPrene Ultra as the underglove.
- Comfortable with sensitivity: The relaxed, natural fit is assisted by an optimized thumb location. Hand fatigue is minimized by a larger thumb ball.
- To avoid shrinkage, we use a specially designed former that is adapted to the glove`s powder-free inner-coating.
- Increased comfort, elasticity and flexibility are facilitated by an additional soothing component, which is built into the glove`s special latex film.
- Thinner latex at the palm and fingers enhances sensitivity.
- Secure hold on the surgical gown is made by the glove`s adhesive band, which is located on the top of the straight cuff. This unique design relieves pressure from the forearm whilst operating.
- Low allergenicity is also assured by reduced chemical residues. And the glove`s formulation is friendly to the skin because it`s free of thiurams and MTB (mercaptobenzothiazoles).
Gammex™ PF HydraSoft® Powder-free Surgical Gloves
Revolutionary new HydraSoft® technology from Ansell is designed to retain moisture and rehydrate your skin, despite the negative effects of continual glove-wearing and frequent contact with severe anti-bacterials. HydraSoft® helps keep your skin moist, supple and fulfilling its natural barrier functions.
HydraSoft® technology from Ansell actively retains moisture and rehydrates the skin during use. The odourless inner-coating made with HydraSoft® technology contains a skin-friendly humectant moisturizer that penetrates into the stratum corneum, where it attracts and retains water. The coating also contains Dimethicone, which forms a protective barrier that blocks attacks from foreign substances and prevents the skin from drying out. The result is a soft, smooth and moisturized skin.
HydraSoft® is gentle to sensitive skin, yet provides robust protection against drying or cracking.